(In reverse chronological order)
- MIT Technology Review (website), December 2018
China’s racing ahead in 5G. Here’s what that means.
- MIT Technology Review (website), March 2017
Messaging App Sweeping Asia Could Blunt Snapchat’s Global Ambitions
- MIT Technology Review magazine, July/August 2016 issue
Taking Genomic Data Global
- Forbes Asia magazine, October 2014 issue
K-Shopping: South Korea’s scenic Jeju island is a magnet for young Chinese women on the hunt for discount cosmetics. The big winner: AmorePacific.
- Forbes Asia magazine, August 2014 issue [NOTE: I wrote all the blurbs for the Korean companies on this list.]
2014 Fab 50: Asia’s Tech Takes Over The World
- EdSurge (Educational technology site), August 2014
South Korea’s Biggest Educational Information App Plans Pan-Asian Expansion
- CityLab (formerly The Atlantic Cities), September 2012
Citywide Indoor Navigation Is Closer Than You Think
- Co.Exist (FastCompany.com), July 2012
A New High-Tech Upgrade To Acupuncture Let’s You See It’s Working In Real Time
- Forbes Asia magazine, September 2011 issue
Environmental Balance: Asus Chairman Jonney Shih wants to revamp the way Taiwan farms and fishes–from a Buddhist point of view.
- Forbes magazine, May 2011 issue
The Birth Of China Cool: Frog Design is bringing Western innovation to Chinese tech giants.
- Forbes Asia magazine, December 2009 issue
Industrial Innovator: Wistron’s Simon Lin is reinventing the contract-manufacturing business model.
- Forbes Magazine, September 2009 issue
Asia’s Smart Metropolis: South Korea’s Songdo and China’s Meixi Lake are spending billions on citywide intelligent networks with an eco-vibe.
- Forbes Asia magazine, May 2009 issue
ZTE’s Man In Dallas: The Chinese telecom-equipment maker aims to break into the top five globally. It has posted its best engineer to the U.S. to help make that happen.
- Forbes Asia magazine, April 2009 issue
Wired: How Korea is battling Internet addiction and cybercrime
- Forbes magazine, March 2009 issue
The Struggles Of OhMyNews: Top citizen journalism effort struggles with the bottom line
- Forbes.com, April 2009
Window Into The Wireless Future (special report on technology in South Korea)
- Businessweek.com, November 2007
A Business Best Seller In Japan: The World’s Easiest Problem-Solving Class, written by a former McKinsey consultant, is a runaway success in the author’s home country
- Businessweek magazine, October 2007
Rise Of The Asian D-School: More students are opting for programs–and jobs–at home
- Businessweek magazine, November 2006
The Korean Upstart In MySpace’s Face
- Time Asia magazine, April 2005
Art’s New Frontier: South Korea’s Heyri Art Valley